Perusing Student Blogs – Due Monday

Hello guys, here is your next blog related homework.

Directions: Explore the following three students’ blogs and write the following as a comment to this post:

1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?

2. What are two things that you want to include in your own blogs?

3. What are two things in any of the examples that you didn’t like?

codysbestever

warrior kid

simlyaubree

49 thoughts on “Perusing Student Blogs – Due Monday

1. I really liked Warrior Kat’s blog since it has a lot of interactive videos and pictures. Also it has funny jokes on the blog. As well as a very colorful blog. It makes learning fun! I would like to have interactive elements (videos/powtoons/pictures) and I want to make it fun but professional. I didn’t like the many colored text; it made it hard to read on a screen and maybe harder on a projector. In addition, I disliked the color scheme on the page; I just think light blue and pink doesn’t go well with each other.

2. September 11, 2015 at 7:44PM.

All of the blogs are great 🙂 But my special favorite is the Simple Aubrey blog. Because I tend to like simple things, and her’s was simple but it wasn’t boring. It has the steps and ingredients to making lemonade and the best thing about it is?….IT HAS THE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS SHOW IN IT WHICH IS CRAZY! The two things I like about these 3 blogs is that it has a theme color, like Kat’s theme blog is pink and colorful which shows her personality, I’m guessing that she is positive and she likes pink and she likes dogs? Another thing I like about it is that they update a lot about them self. The two things i don’t like about the blog is that it’s whether too much for me or too boring for me. Like for example Kat’s blog looks colorful and pink but it has to much things around it and Cody has little things.

3. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    My favorite blog was probably Simply Aubree’s blog because I like the way the blog looks with the use of the colors and the font for her title, writing, and just how the page looks overall. Her posts are very detailed and arranged neatly which means she puts a lot of effort into creating her blog. The things that she writes about, like beauty gurus and TV shows, can attract a lot of people because they can relate to her. I also like that she shows her personality through her writing, letting people know more about the person who is writing.

I would like to try to show my personality through my writing, like the user Simply Aubree did in her blog.
    I would also like to include more videos and photos because a blog with just writing is very boring!

Simply Aubree should try to shorten her posts and add more picture and videos because it keeps the reader interested and wants to read more instead of being bored and doesn’t want to come back again.
    She should also sort the posts into different categories like what The Warrior Kat did with her blog so it’s easier to find the posts based on what they are about.

4. 1. Each blog has its own special features, but my favorite is the second blog, Warrior Kat’s. Her blog really catch me attention when I first open it. I can easily understand what the blog is about, the pictures are very nice, and the thing that catches my eyes is Kat’s decoration. It’s attractive in a special way and I was ‘fascinated’ by her decoration.

2. There’re many fun things that I would like to put into my blog but the most two interested are include my feeling about the blog, reasons why I wrote it for reader to know and include some videos because it won’t make reader feel bored with bunch of words.

3. After reading all the blogs, there are some points that I dislike about them. Firstly, Kat’s is my favorite but it seemed too colorful if adult read it. The second thing is the last blog looks bored with the ‘sea’ of words in front of them and there’s just few pictures and the background it’s not too attractive.

5. These are all great examples of blogs. I think they’re all really great in their own ways. I really liked how they made it in a way that showed who they were as a person.

I personally preferred Aubree’s blog because it was just more of how I would be writing mines. I also think it’s because of an age gap? I’m pretty sure Cody is a lot younger, so his ways of writing and displaying is a lot different from what I would be doing. I liked how she displayed and wrote her posts/texts, and I think I’d like to make mine in a similar way.

I like the idea of including quotes as a way of starting a new post or as an introduction line for what you’d be writing in your post. I also liked the action of including pictures and captions.

One of the things that I want to avoid is making errors in the capitalizations and punctuations. I also try to avoid posting unnecessary information or random, unrelated stuffs.

6. 1. I really like Worrior Kat’s blog because she talks about problems that I actually have and I can connect with it. Her blog also has a lot of videos and pictures on it which makes it more interesting.
    2. If I was to write a blog, I’d put lots of videos and pictures on it because it’s more interesting with pictures and videos then just a bunch of paragraphs. I’d also like to let the reader know more about me so they can get to know me which helps them understand the situation that I’m in.
    3. I think that they should shorten their writings. They should put more pictures on it to describe the situation instead of writing it all down. It makes me feel bored when I see too many words on a page.

7. 1. My favorite blog is blog number 3 because it looks more professional than the first and second blogs, and the form is in order.
    2. I would include title page and also some cool picture that related to what I’m writing in my own blog.My favorite blog is blog 3 because it looks more professional than the first and second blogs, and the form is in order.
    3. I don’t like when many word change into many colors in blog number 2 and there are many grammar mistake in blog number

8. 1) I really like the Warrior Kat’s blog because it really catch my attention. Warrior’s Kat blog has many stuff in it like the clock of the time in places. It has some mad libs and story in it which is cool. And I also like how the blog add in animals to make it more interesting.
    2) The thing that I want to have in my blog is the time of vietnam and add in some cool stuff like mad libs, animals stuff, links from another sites like powtoon
    3) The things that I don’t like is that Cody’s Blog is so bright, because it yellow and it is very hard to read which that bright yellow, and I don’t like the one that is simple like Simply Aubree’s blog because It is too simple everyone can do it. I think Warrior Kat’s is the best example.

9. 1. I like Cody’s Best Ever Blog because it’s a very simple blog and it contains a lot of information.
    2. The two things that I want to include in my blog is the basic parts of a blog, information about the topic and some information about myself.
    3. Something I wouldn’t want in my blog is a very complex design for a blog and grammar/vocabulary errors.

10. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    My favourite blog is “The Warrior Kat” blog. She designed it very colorful when combined all the bright color makes it easy to look and also the theme looks very nice. She included pics and videos to make the information clear to understand. She also puts questions in to make the blog interesting.

-I want to make it looks colorful and the theme looks cool because everybody will be interested in my blog when they first seen it.
    -I will also puts cool pics and videos to make the blog seem not boring, i may use quotes, too.
    -I don’t like Aubree’s blog when it’s too boring. There are only words and words, the blog has the same theme from the beginning to the end.
    -Cody’s blog is pretty great. On the other hand, he puts “Cody’s awesome blog” in green which makes it’s hard to see. And same problem as Aubree’s blog, it’s too boring, no pics, videos.

11. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    – My favorite blog was Aubree’s blog because it was very simple, professional and well organized. Even though it was simple, it wasn’t boring. I love her writing style. It sounds so casual and fun and I can tell she put a lot of effort in each and every one of her posts.

– I really liked the title of Aubree’s blog. It wasn’t as colorful as Kat’s or Cody’s blog but it made me really curious and wanted to see what’s inside. Maybe it was her word choice that caught my attention and made me felt that way. I would really like to do the same thing for my blog. Something else I really liked about her blog was the way she writes. Her writing style made me feel very close and connected to her. I also liked how she included pictures to make it look nicer and more interesting.

– One of the things I disliked was in Cody’s blog. Words that were supposed capitalized weren’t capitalized. This made me feel like he didn’t put enough time and effort into double checking his work. Something else I disliked was probably that Kat’s blog was kind of too much. It did catch my attention in the beginning due to its cool outlook though I think she could use a little less colors on her blog to make it more professional.

12. 1) My favorite thing about this blog is that he has a nice layout and pictures throughout his blog because it shows the neatness and his organization.
    2) I want to include my awards/ accomplishment and my goals to show that i like to do or good at this thing in my life.
    3)I didn’t like his head title and his caption on the picture because it doesn’t show like he put a lot of work or effort in it!

13. All of the blogs were really good, but my favorite one was “The Warrior Cat” blog. I love how she adjusted the theme to suit her own unique personality and her blog was extremely well written. She seemed very passionate about her opinion and added a good quote too!
    Her reason for writing the blog was also a good one, not just for fun like Aubree’s.

I would like to add something on my blog that I am really passionate about and write about it. I also want to add pictures and stuff that are funny and entertaining, making someone feel good if they’re down.

I disliked Cody’s blog because there were many grammar mistakes on it, making it messy and disorganized. I think he didn’t spend on a lot of time in it and the writing style did not go well with the topic of his blog. A thank you blog should be more formal, in my opinion.

14. All of those 3 blogs have interesting posts written in them, but “Simply Aubree: Ramblings of a Country Girl” is my favorite because the writing in it is very professional and has a font that is very simple, just like the blog’s design. I personally like simple designs more than a bit too colorful and complex ones.

I would like to add pictures and videos to my blog like “The Warrior Kat” did. I also like the idea of posting fictional stories, jokes and quotes on my blog as well.

Cody should really try to improve his posts because he has a lot of writing mistakes in them, such as not putting a space between two words and not capitalizing words when he should have. I also think “The Warrior Kat”‘s posts could be better if the text only had one color.

15. -My favorite blog of all of them is Simply Aubree becaue I like how she wrote what she know, what she met, what she experienced, or a greeting to a new seasons.
    -I would like to add for my blog is a little info about me and some pictures of what i look like 😛
    – 2 things that i dont like about “Cody’s Best Ever Blog” is that it doesnt catch readers attention like me and its just too simple and doesnt decorate much for his blog.

16. 1.I really like Cody’s best ever blog because i like how he share his story, create challenge, cool picture and videos on his blog.
    2. I would like to have some quiz for anyone who visit my blog to do, and share some cool videos
    3. 2 things I don’t like about Simply Aubree’s blog are she don’t decorate much and don’t have a lot of pictures or videos.

17. 1- Out of that 3 blog, I like Cody’s blog the most because it is very catchy and there’s a lot of picture instead of showing a lot of words.
    2 – Funny things like jokes, interesting facts and a biography with picture.
    3 – I don’t really like Simply Aubrey because there’s too many words and it’s not interesting as Cody’s.

18. 1. Aubree’s blog is my favorite in 3 of the blogs. She is basically telling about her casual life, her interests. Somehow her blog, her tittles are really catchy to me eventhough it looks pretty simple, comparing to the other two.

2. I want to include cool videos and pictures in my blog. I also want to include interesting stories or fun facts, too.

3. I don’t like “The Warrior Kat”‘s blog because it’s too colorful and fancy, and the content doesn’t sound as interesting as Aubree’s blog.

19. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    I like The Warrior Kat’s blog because it looks colorful, it easy to read and it had a lot of colorful pictures.
    I would like to had some video in my blog, a Google search and a place that you can listen to new popular song.
    3.What are two things in any of the examples that you didn’t like?
    Two thing that i didn’t like about other blog is because it had to much word, peoples are too lazy to read a bunch of word and it looks very boring!

20. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    My favorite blog is The Warrior Kat blog. Her name is Kat and she is the one that created The Warrior Kat blog. In her blog include a lot of videos and pictures, that help the reader easier too understand what they are reading. She highlighted all the importent events and words, and her words is big and clear. In her blog there is a lot of bright color that make the reader easier too read and more focus.

In my blog i really want too inclue a lot of pictures, and videos, it could help the reader easier too understand. If inside the blog there is only information, and a lot of words, the reader will get bored and it will hard for them too understand the information. In my blog I will also include a lot of onomatopoeia, because it will make the reader not feeling bored when reading the blog.

I really like 3 of the example blogs, but my less favorite blog is Cody’s Best Ever blog. His blog is very boring with less pictures and video. His blog is very simple, less color, and his word is very small so it make the reader hard too read, and boring when reading the blog.

21. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    All three of the blogs were great examples and really represents the author as who they are. I really enjoyed looking at ‘The Warrior Kat’ and ‘Cody’s’. Still, the one that catches my eye is ‘Simply Aubree’. First, because of the simple way the author displayed the blog and I tend to like simple things. Next, the author has really great information. The blog looked really professional and is well-organized. You could tell that the author put a lot of time in work in making the blog the way it is. It is unique in its own way and isn’t boring.

Personally the two things I would like to include in my blog is interactive videos and pictures. Because it would help the reader understand and the blog more interesting. Also, how the author started with a quote in the beginning. I also like it when the title of ‘Simple Aubrey’ is really simple. I like how it is simple because that’s my way of writing, which would help me connect better.

It may sound weird but I don’t really like the fact that the blog are really colorful. It could be catchy but I don’t really like it that way because it doesn’t look professional. Also, I didn’t like Cody’s blog because words that was supposed to be capitalized weren’t which showed that he didn’t put his effort in that much. Which makes it look disorganized and not well done.

22. 1- The Simply Aubree blog is my favorite because it looks more need than the other’s one and the pictures are not taking a lot of space.
    2- in my own blogs i want to include small pictures and a lot of bullet points rather than long paragraph.
    3- in three examples, they have to much word and their title didn’t let the reader know what they’re talikng about.

23. 1. I personally prefferred Aubree’s blog because it was organize. The pictures doesn’t take lot of space. Also I really like how she displayed her post on her blog. Her blog also look simple and I really like it.
    2. In my own blogs I want to include pictures , quotes that are related to my writing and colorful caption because it grab readers attention.
    3. I didn’t like Cody’s blog because it doesn’t grab reader attention . I also don’t like the Warrior Kat’s blogs beacause it’s so colorful.

24. 1. “The Warrior Kat” is my favorite blog. First, because the problems that she wrote have more connection to me. Second, Her blogs have a lot of picture and video that help me understand clearer about the subject that it write about.
    2. If I write a blog, I’d like to put videos and pictures that support the what i write as “The Warrior Kat”one because it’s make the reader understand more about the theme and make it not so boring. And i would to writer about something that is relate to social.
    3. I think that they should separate their writings to many parts to make reader easy to read and help to understand to theme easier. They should add more picture or video to annotate the subject clear and to make reader feel interest in the blog.

25. 1. I like the Simply Aubree blog the most because it is well organized. The font and the layout was nice. There was a lot of information but each idea was separated by a title. And there is also pictures to keep the viewers from being overloaded with a lot of text.
    2. I would like to include short sentences with a decent amount of information. I would also include pictures and videos to keep the viewers from being bored by all of the text.
    3. I don’t like the uncapitalize words that are supposed to be capitalized in the Cody’s Best Blog Ever. It’s not nice and it seems unorganized. Titles are not nice when uncapitalized. I also don’t like long paragraphs because they always seem boring.

26. 1.My favorite blog is “The Warrior Kat” blog because it has a lot of color and creativity to it, she also includes pictures and videos. i can tell that she spent a lot of time into her blog
    2. Two things that i would want to include on my own blog is creativity, and a little information about my life and personality
    3. Two things that i didn’t like was in “Simply Aubree’s” blog, one is that she writes a lot about each topic and also she needs to add more videos and pictures

27. I like Cody’s blog because it is easy to read and eyecatching. Two things i would include in my blog is that i want to have more colors and want to have more questions for my friends to answer. I did not like the green words on the top of the header, and also the picture must be stretch out to fit the header too.

28. 1. I really like the Warrior Kat blog because they put a lot of effort and creativity put into it. It also has some video and pictures showing the topic and activities we could try like the MadLib story.
    2. Two things I would include in my blog would be videos and creative pictures; and texts that is good looking and readable.
    3. I don’t like the words in Cody’s blog because a lot of it is not capitalize and wrong grammar. In addition, his paragraph are too long and really plain, plus some don’t have pictures in it.

29. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    My favorite is “Simply Aubree”. It’s fairly simple, yet, it still attracts the reader. The theme of the blog is amazing, I love how it’s set up. You can clearly see what she’s talking about in each blogs, and the way she arranged things is so nice.
    Firstly, I would love to include more pictures in my blog. Secondly, I need to probably arrange things in a better way.
    I like the content of The Warrior Kat’s blog, but then, the content of her posts are scary but her pictures are really childish, also, it’s very colorful and not spooky. I dislike Cody’s blog because there are a whole lot of things that need to be edit, plus the colors of the background really annoy me.

30. Warrior Kat and Aubree both had great blogs, I really loved the creativity in Kat’s blog and the simplicity in Aubree’s blog. I would add some interactive photos on mine and possibly add a “Ask Allie” bar in the sidebar. What I am disappointed in was that Cody chose a bad color combination for his blog and he was a little too cocky with his title.

31. 1. My favorite is “Simply Aubree” because it looks organized and clean. The English is correct and the content is not random. I like simple designs like that.
    2. I would like to design my blog with that kind of simpilicity. I would also like to use fonts and color like her because it caught my attention.
    3. I didn’t like the amount of grammatical errors that Cody’s blog has. Also there aren’t many pictures either.

32. 1. Which blog was your favorite? Why?
    My favorite one is The Warrior Kat blog because it has a lot of bright color that really caught my eyes. She also has many pictures and videos that explain to us about what she is talking about. Plus, she put the categories on top so that people will find the category they want to read about really easy. It’s a really creative blog.
    2. Something that I would add to my blog is make the categories on the very top to help the reader. Second, I will use photos and videos to help my reader understand my topic.
    3.Two things that I don’t like are that Cody has many grammar mistakes and Simply Aubree has some paragraphs that don’t have any pictures that make the reader feel boring.

33. 1/ The second blog because the blogs was carefully layouts. The blogs was decorated beautiful and neatful. After read over the blogs i think he or she put lots of effort in it!
    2/ Two things that i want to include in my blogs is pictures that related to your real life and some other picture. I also wants to add some of the captions that can help the readers understands my topics. And i also wants to have a colorful title so i catch the readers attention the first time they looks.
    3/ i didn’t like Cody’s blog because he was not careful layouts his title. His layouts was absolutely mess up. I think Cody can do better than this!!!!!
    3/

34. 1/ mine would cody’s one because it’s fairly simple and easy to understand, not like the simply aubree one. Also he has a survey for us to do so that’s pretty cool for me.
    2/ I would like to include a lots of picture that help the reader to understand my blogs, also i would just add the survey like codey’s one because it might help me to understand more about my audience.
    3/ i don’t really like the simply aubree’s one because it’s has a lot of word which make the audience to spend a lot of time to reading it which is kinda boring for me. I’m more of a simple person :))

35. 1. These three blogs are all great and amazing in their own ways, but my favorite is definitely Aubree’s. It had caught my attention with the classy font, the modern-looking color scheme, and the catchy phrase, “Ramblings of a Country Girl”. I also really like her way of writing. Somehow, a lot of the topics she talks about are very relatable and appealing to the readers. In the future, I will keep this in mind and try to post things that might interest and connect to anyone who is reading my posts.

2. In my own blog, I want to include my feelings on a particular subject and the things I enjoy in my life so that I can share them with everyone.

3. The spelling and capitalization errors in Cody’s blog are really irritating me and probably many others as well. However, I don’t really want to be too harsh on this because judging by his way of writing, Cody is probably younger and just needs more practice. In Kat’s blog, I really dislike the color scheme and the graphics she uses. It really does look fun and exciting, but it’s also very childish. I also find the constant font changing very annoying and unnessecary. In my blog, I will try to do a better job.

36. Ms.Allison I don’t know why but yestarday I posted my favorite blog but it didn’t appear so nw I will post again. My favorite blog is the thrid one the “Simbly Aubree, Rablings of a country girl”. I like this blog because they clearly, straightforward, easy to understand what the writer want to say. I wanted to include some fun fact aboujt my favorite things and posted some articles that interested with students. I did’t like the second blog because it messy, too pink and not clearly to read”.

37. The 3 blogs were all great but I personally prefer “Simply Aubree” as my favourite. She had a simple and organized blog, the colors were warm and not too bright. The colors actually matched with the theme of what a country girl would have. The thing I really like about “Simply Aubree” is that the message was easy to understand and was worded quite well. There was a picture for like almost every topic she had and the title for every post is really interesting. There were also very little mistakes in the posts as well.

I would want to have my blog almost the same as “Simply Aubree”. The background is also very nice and pretty, not very exciting but makes the reader feels calm and relax when reading my blog. I would also want some pictures in my blog so the reader can tell what I’m about to say and have the title of the posts pop out and clearly understood.

The blog I really didn’t like is Cody’s because there are just simply too many spelling mistakes and grammar that it just bothers me. Also, there’s just too many words in a paragraph that it looks like a magazine article and that it’s too boring just scrolling down.

38. Hello guys, here is your next blog related homework.

1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    – My favorite blog is the “Simply Aubree” blog. I like her rhetorical questions, her words because it expresses herself. I also like her blog because her words are very easy to understand and very descriptive.

– I would include more pictures and descriptive words. I would also add more figurative words and sentences.

– I hate the spelling mistakes and grammar in the blog that Cody did, it’s very irritating and annoy. Also there are lots of words that aren’t capitalized when they’re suppose to be. I also don’t like Warrior Kat’s blog because I hate it when blogs are trying to get attention by being colorful, I’m more of a black and white person 😀

39. 1. My favorite one is “Simply Aubree” Because it look very neat. It also have a country vibe, which match the subtitle. There is minimal amount of spelling/grammar errors. And there are some picture support each article
    2. I would make my blog with bright color background and make the font just right.
    3. I don’t really like ‘The Warrior Kat’ one. Because some word have different font style, which is too much. Also there are alot of distracting stuffs at the side bar. Which have nothing to do with the articles.

40. I really like the Edublog award because it show the award the this Edublog get. The two thing I like to add is more picture and more sentences to the graph. I really don’t like the color of the blog in the Warrior Kat because it to bright, and the last one don’t have any thing to talk about.

41. My favorite was “simply aubreee” because it looks really cute and modern. It is very simple, but still have a ton of helpful informations. She included a lot of fun fonts and pictures which makes the reader want to read the blog. I would include more pictures, and cuter fonts with some interesting informations.
    The blog i didn’t like was Cody’s blog because there’s is so many spelling and grammar mistakes which make the blog look very unprofessional.

42. 1. My favourite blog is from “The warrior Kat”.
    2. I think i would like to add to my blog is adding more colors, more information about me or my favorite things, ……..
    3. What i didn’t like about the blogs is that there’s to much color amd it can distract the reader, and i think it’s a bit messy

43. My favorite blog is “Simply Aubree.” Because I like when she talk about everything that is true and those words. Also I like about her explanation.

Two things that I want to include my blogs:
    – Use big words to describes things that important in each part.
    – Make background more creative.

I really don’t like talk so much about in one thing, we need to spread the idea about two or more parts. So when people look at it, they will feel more interesting to read. It better than when we talked only one thing, It will make our thing not cool enough, so it feel bored

44. 1. I really liked Jeff’s blog since it has picture very nice. Also it has jokes on the blog.He has many thing to post on his blog.
    2. I would like to try something and post on my blog.
    I would like to make my blog look more colorful.
    3.In Jeff’s blog it doesn’t have many picture.
    Sometime he post the paragraph so short or sometime so long.

45. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    My favorite blog is Aubree’s blog because the I like her simple decoration and it is really easy to find categories. When I look at all 3 blogs, this pop right into my eyes so it very special. Another good things about her blog is she updated her blog or posts very weekly, not too long not too soon. Also, her reaction to the PPL #BigAReveal is so true.
    – I really want my own blogs to be creative, colorful but not too bright and many post topics.
    – I don’t really prefer Cody’s blog because he didn’t put much effort on his blog to make it looks nice and there are so many grammar mistakes in a post.

46. 1. Which blog is your favorite? Why?
    The favorite blog that i like is ” The warrior Kat” because she were very creative for the family photos the style word. Her grammar was great and i love that she add video to her blog!

The two thing that i want to add in my blog was video and picture!

The two things that i didn’t like in any of the blogs were bad grammar and to much words!!!!!

47. 1.Which is your favorite blog?Why?
    I preferred Aubree’s blog because her blog really catch my attention. The blogs is simple but it does look more professional than Cody’s blog. Aubree’s blog include a neat and colourful title. Also her blog has the most interesting posts and great pieces of writing. I think that she put a lot of effort in it which attracts other people pretty well.
    2. Two things that I want to add is some cool pictures and videos. Also I want to put a lot of effort into my writings.
    3. I really don’t like Cody’s blog because in the title he brag 2 times about his blog: Cody’s best/awesome blog. Also his has too much bad grammar and I think that he didn’t put any effort into his blog,

48. Which is your favorite blog? Why?
    I like Simple Aubrey’s blog the most because that blog have many of useful and accurate information. The blog use the letter font that’s really easy to read and how they arranging it were really good. I’m also that the owner of this blog put a lot of effort into the blog. You can see in the writing, she put in lots of her own emotion and how she felt.
    I want to make my blog really colorful so people who see it will not be bored.
    I also want to add pictures and some videos in my blog to make it more interesting to read.
    I don’t like the color skim of the blog because it looks so simple and boring. If the Simple Aubrey’s blog is my blog, I would add more picture and colors into it.