Week 2 : Connector

What connection I can make to my own life ?
– The part where Jonas’s sister recived her bycicle when she was 9 years old. This part made a very strong connection to my life because I was always wanted a bycicle when I was 6 but my parents told me that having a bycicle at this age was alittle bit too young for me. On my birthday every year I always asked them “when can I get a bike ?” but they said that I was too young. But, when I reaches my 9th birthday I did recieved a bike from my parents. The the best part is they spend their day to teach my how to ride a bike. But it’s was really hard so I gave up for a few month but later I started to like bicycle so I asked them to teach me how to ride a bike. Time past and now I know how to ride a bike by my own.

What other places,people, or books can I think of that compared to this story ?
– I think Disneyland is a great answer for places that I can compared to this story because Disnayland was like a perfect world. Everything was happy and joyful in Disneyland. There were lots of games and roller coaster which is the coolest things for any age. I love to go to Disneyland because they have eveything inside it example for games,roller coaster,food and alots more. Disneyland was perfect.

What other character have I read about that compare witth the ones froms this book ?
– The soilders would be a great character to compared to Jonas in this story , because the soilders back then they help to fight back and protect Vietnam so I think they both have the idea of changing the world. The soilders want to fight back to protect the world from invaders from different countries.

What other authors are similar to this one in writing style ?
– I think the author that have the similar type of writing to that are similar to Lois Lowry is Gloria Whelan and the book that she wrote is Homeless Bird. I not sure because I don’t read much so I went up and rsearch.

How does this section relate to those that came before it ?
– I think the part of Jonas’s parents are having a conversation about the Ceremony of Twelve. Jonas’s parents seems to enjoy the conversation. They told Jonas that they were waiting for the Cermony for 2 days long.

4 thoughts on “Week 2 : Connector