Week 6 – Connector

After reading chapters 14-16, I could connect to a lots of the things that are happening in the story. I could connect to the dad having to take care of Gabriel. Last summer, my aunt had a baby boy and I thought he was so cute. And then all summer, all I did was took care of the baby. It was tiring but also very fun. Jonas’s dad thought that making the baby go to sleep was very hard and I think so too.

The second connection I could make was when Jonas was given the memory of happiness and happy times. It shows the scene of like a party with your family and friends around which is very fun. My family also have parties like that, too which has many fun things and give me happy memories when thinking back. In the story, Jonas felt warmth and comfort after having the memory and so do I when I think back to the happy memories a long time ago. I also feel heart-warming when I think back, too. And also I feel very bad for Jonas for having all the pain from the Giver’s memories like the one when he fell from the sled and felt the terrible pain and had to limp home to the one in the battlefield where everyone was pretty much dead and he had leg pain again.

2 thoughts on “Week 6 – Connector