Week 8 – Discussion Director

1. What did The Giver and Jonas planned?

2. Who is The Giver’s daughter?

3. Why did Jonas brought Gabriel with him? What is the purpose?

4. Why did the landscape changed?

5.  If you were Jonas, would you continue to go on or come back home? Why?

5 thoughts on “Week 8 – Discussion Director

1. 1. What did The Giver and Jonas planned?
    They plan about changing the community. So Jonas need to escape for the Community to bear the burden themselves. All of those memory.

2. Who is The Giver’s daughter?
    Rosemary is The Giver’s daughter.

Because Jonas didn’t want Gabriel to get release by his father. The purpose is that he want Gabriel to stay alive.

4. Why did the landscape changed?
    Because he was getting deeper into the forestand also because the road crews hadn’t tend the road.

5. If you were Jonas, would you continue to go on or come back home? Why?
    I would continue to go because Jonas had reach that far. Why would he even want to give up. And also because if i went back home maybe i would die.

2. 1. The Giver’s and Jonas’s plan was a long one but in general, it focuses on sneaking and running away from the Community with no one knowing except the Giver. When they reach a certain point, all of Jonas’s memories would return to the people of the Community. It would cause a huge panic but the Giver would stay behind and help guide them and make them wiser through the memories.
    2. The Giver’s daughter is Rosemary, the previous failed Receiver.
    3. Jonas brought Gabriel with him so he could avoid being released tomorrow. He has probably grown to love the newchild very much to risk this!
    4. The landscape changed because Jonas was going further and further away from the “industrialized” heart of the Community. He would reach the fields and then finally reach outside the borders of the Community, which then he will venture into the forest and wildness.
    5. I would continue to go as I would be sure that the Community is safe and sound in the hands of the Giver. Also I would keep going as I have went so far with Gabriel, so it would make sense to keep going until I get to Elsewhere. I would not want to disobey the parting wish of my closest friend, The Giver.

3. 1. What did The Giver and Jonas planned?
    They planned for Jonas to leave the community to give back the memories for the people.
    2. Who is The Giver’s daughter?
    Rosemary is The Giver’s daughter
    Because Jonas love Gabriel and don’t want him to release( die).
    4. Why did the landscape changed?
    Because he leave the community and the community have no controls of this land.
    I will continue to go and give the memories back to the people because without memories, life is nothing.

4. 1. Jonas and The Giver planned to run away from the Community so the memories would return back to the people in the Community.
    2. The Giver’s daughter is Rosemary.
    3. Jonas brought Gabriel with him because he doesn’t want Gabriel to be release.
    4. The landscape changed because Jonas rode way far from the Community and so it’s not the same anymore.
    5. I would keep going because I’m not giving up for all the hard work I just went through.

5. 1. They planned to let Jonas leave the community so that the memories would return to the people.
    2. The Giver’s daughter is Rosemary.
    3. Jonas brought Gabriel with him because he do not want Gabriel to be release. He didn’t want Gabriel die.
    4. The landscape changed because that landscape is not the Community’s landscape. He went so far that he might be in Elsewhere right now.
    5. I would go on because my goal is to let the memories go back to the people and if I go back, Gabriel will die.