WEEK 8 SUMMARIZER.

Here were the questions asked by our Discussion Director for chapters 20-23:

1. Who is Rosemary? How did she relate to the Giver?

2. How do you think the Giver feel after she choose to be Release?

3. Do you think it’s the right decision for Jonas to leave the Community, is it good for the people or not? Why?

4. Do you predict Jonas will make it through his journey or fail ? What do you think will happen next?

5. What do you think about the idea of a Community that when you were gone, people murmured your name for awhile, forgot you forever and replace you with a new person?

Hannah and I were the only ones to answer, we both answered that Rosemary was the previous Receiver who turned out to actually be The Giver’s daughter. We also agreed on how The Giver would feel bad and upset about Rosemary applying for release. For the third question, we again agreed that Jonas made the right decision of leaving the community so the people’s lives would be more meaningful and they deserve to know about their past. We predict that Jonas will make it through his journey because he is courageous, wise and different from the others. For the last question, we agreed that we would feel really bad of how people can forget about us in such a short amount of time.

I thought our visualizer this week, Hannah, did a great job on interpreting when Jonas gave Gabriel the memory of snow. This relates to the reading because now not only Jonas, but Gabriel also has some of the memories about the community’s past. He might turn out to be the only actual  normal person in the community. He might be able to help Jonas change the community they’re living in.

Our word wizard, Morgan, also did a great job on explaining the hard and confusing words from the book.

I do not see the connector’s post, I guess she might’ve forgotten to do it or she posted it somewhere else.