Week 3 Summarizer of Group 2

After reading chapter 5-7 in the Giver, our group’s discussion director has many questions. She asked 5 things for us to discuss in our group. The questions are:

1. What do you think when they have to tell their dreams to the family?

2. Since Jonas is “different” than other people, do you think Jonas will continuing drinking the pills that he have to in his everyday life?

3. If you were to cut your hair at the age of ten to a disgusting cut, are you willing to? Why?

4. What do you think the purpose given of the numbers before they had names in the Giver?

5. In your prediction, why does the The Chief Elder moves on to number Twenty and skipped Jonas’s numbers nineteen?

Everyone in our group has answered this question except for me. I didn’t answer the question but I will be. Everyone all had the same perspective because all the answers are pretty similar. Our connector did a pretty good job on connecting this to his life. First one, being on chapter 5, when Jonas is dreaming about something that he doesn’t understand, he connects to it by saying that in real life, sometimes the Connector does get some confusing dreams and he hates it when it happens. Secondly, being on chapter 7, because he skipped chapter 6, he talks about where Jonas is really nervous in the Ceremony of Twelve is like him being nervous when he is about to get his report card. And last, he didn’t really find anything. Now on the our visualizer, the visualizer did a great job of his work. He used figures instead of a picture, this is the act of creativity. Anyways, the 3D model gave me a good summary of the main idea in these chapter that is when the Chief skipped Jonas. Our reflector gave us a prediction. She predicted that Jonas was unique so that’s why the chief skipped him. She also explained the mood which was anxiety of Jonas when the Chief skipped Jonas. Some of our vocabulary words are perspiring, reprieve, inadequate, plea and solemnly, etc. Now these are really hard ones, I can’t understand them just by looking at them, I can tell that our Word Wizard worked hard one this one. Anyways, that includes our group’s activities on these chapters.