Week 7 – Reflector – Group 4

After reading chapters 17-19, I would predict that in the future, Jonas will change the community by change the rules of the release because he found the truth of the release ceremony. In chapter 19, Jonas saw his father shoot one of the twins, who have the low weight at the release ceremony.

The mood and tone were intense. At first, Jonas thought release ceremony just release the people to other community, but unexpected, Jonas saw his father shoot the baby who got the low weight and made him astonished when saw that scene.

I immediately think about the future. What happen if Jonas will be the first one who step up and change the rules of the community? After he saw all the punishment that people had been release have to receive in this community.

Jonas because he was unique from everyone. All his thinking right now blocked to cause the rules of the community. But this may be good for him, he will have a chance to explode his mind to the whole community, which people can understand all the feelings he bore overtime.

The big idea for this chapters is when Jonas watched his dad shoot the baby in the release ceremony. In his mind, he thought that release was just a small change, however with his own eyes, he saw his dad said softly with the baby and shoot it like nothing is happen.

The text makes me feel disconcerted when I read about the truth of what does the word release really means. How it made Jonas’s feelings fell cause the scene he saw in the record of the twins. I think it will be a change concussion for Jonas in the future and it might turn Jonas to be a critical thinker.

My conclusion for this is Jonas’s community is not completely a utopia world. All the rules, memories, and the ceremony that Jonas has witnessed are not make his community to be a perfection world like what they thinking.

3 thoughts on “Week 7 – Reflector – Group 4