Week 8 Discussion Director of Group 2

1. Who do you think is Rosemary and what relation she had to the Giver? After you realize that she’s the Giver’s daughter, how do you feel?

2. Do you think Jonas still cares about Fiona now that he have learned she have no feelings when releasing the Old?

3. What will Jonas’s friends and parents think when Jonas and Gabriel are gone?

4. Do you think that Jonas will make through this journey? Will he and Gabriel live and fine Elsewhere?

5. Do you think that the Giver should go with Jonas to Elsewhere? Why?

5 thoughts on “Week 8 Discussion Director of Group 2

1. 1/ After I found out Rosemary is the Giver’s daughter, I’m surprised because the Giver didn’t hesitate and let the daughter died.
    2/ I think Jonas still cares about Fiona because it is not Fiona’s fault that she does not have feeling when releasing the Old. She has it as a job and no one taught her to have feeling and emotion.
    3/ I think they will not freak out since they have no emotion.
    4/ I don’t think they will make it through the journey and find elsewhere.
    5/ I think the Giver should go with Jonas to find elsewhere, because it would be better that they have it done by 2 people not 1 person.

2. 1. Rosemary was the previous failed receiver before Jonas, as i read i found out that Rosemary was the Giver’s daughter. When i found out i wasn’t really surprised, there was kind of a foreshadow in the previous chapters about the relationship Rosemary and the Giver had
    2.Yes, because she doesn’t have any feelings or what it means to kill, and Jonas knows that she doesn’t have feelings and he should understand and not blame her.
    3. I think that over time they will forget about him and never mention is name again just like baby Caleb, they don’t have feelings so they just move on like nothing happened
    4. I think that yes, Jonas and Gabriel will find Elsewhere and get to finally feel all the things that the previous generations had. But it will be very challenging because they don’t have enough food and water or very much warmth
    5. Yes, because the Giver will be able to help him along the way and help him understand more things that the back and back and back generations had

3. 1/. Rosemary was the failed receiver 10 years before Jonas and she applied for release, as the chapters end I found out that Rosemary was the Giver’s daughter. I was really surprise and from since I was really excited for more, I just want to continue reading.
    2/. I think Jonas still cares about Fiona since Jonas knows about feeling. Also, it’s not Fiona’s fault for not having feelings, it’s just that the community’s rule to get pills for stirings.
    3/. They would wonder where the two are, but they won’t panic since they took pills for stirings and do not have any feelings.
    4/. There is a chance that they would survive this. Yet, everything is really challenging. Since he didn’t have much experience elsewhere is like. Everything would be really challenging for him.
    5/. Yes, because as some saying goes the older are more experienced. Because of that if the Giver comes he would be able to help a lot with his Jonas’s journey to Elsewhere.

4. Before I knew Rosemary was the The Giver’s daughter, I think that she’s just the last receiver that is very special to The Giver at some point. But when I found out that she’s the daughter of The Giver’s, I was pretty insanely shocked because I thought The Giver live alone for the rest of his life but somehow he has a daughter….

Yes, I think that Jonas still cares about Fiona, because he knows that she doesn’t have the feelings that he has, so he can’t do anything about it except for he accepted the fact.

I think Jonas’s friends and his family will have no reactions at all because they have no feelings. They are just going to say “oh, they’re gone”

I think Jonas will make through his journey with Gabriel because he worked so hard and planned through everything the night before the journey happened with The Giver, so he’s probably will achieve what he want from all this time. I also think that they will be fine and live throughout their journey since they’re the main character in this story?

No, because if The Giver go with Jonas to Elsewhere, then the Chief of Elders and the community knows that the Giver planned for this. So it’s not safe for the Giver and Jonas as well.

5. 1)At first, I think Rosemary was just a normal girl like Jonas being a receiver to receive the memory, but then I realize that she was the Giver’s daughter. And I feel very surprised to how she become the Giver’s daughter.
    2)Yes, Jonas will still cares about Fiona, because he knows that she doesn’t have the feelings and Jonas is the one who got it because the community give out the pill for Stirrings so she can’t feel the same as Jonas would feel

3)Soon, they will forget about Gabe and Jonas since they are going to find Elsewhere and they will forget like Caleb once who had been released. Also, they have no feelings because of the pill for Stirrings
    4)I think Jonas will make through the journey since he all learn all the things from the Giver and have enough courage and strength to go with the preparation and I think Gabe and Jonas will make it since they are the main character, and the main character won’t die at the end
    5)I think the Giver should not go with Jonas because the Giver is very old from his job and if he go the community we know that he and Jonas were planning to go to Elsewhere