Week 8 – Reflector

The mood of the story is dark and gloomy because Jonas is struggling to survive. It is also action packed because Jonas is constantly on the run from the searcher planes sent by the Community. It is also focused on the hatred that Jonas developed for the community because he has been lied to his whole life. I was wondering where the destination of Jonas was. I also wondered what it looked like, if it is small or big. The largest thing I was contemplating about was how was the community handling the memories of Jonas. It also occurred to me that Elsewhere is mysterious so I want to know what it truly looked like. I think Jonas has changed a lot after finding that his father executes people without even knowing it. He became a true critical thinker and worked to change the Community that he was living in. He wants to exit the Community to show the people what true feelings and memories of the past are. The big idea is that Jonas is trying to release the memories back by escaping the Community. We follow his adventure escaping while trying to avoid the obstacles like hunger and planes. A big idea is he is actually seeing outside the community for the first time. In conclusion, I think that Jonas found a new place to live an call a home. At the end it said he heard music so that means the new place has culture and real feelings.

2 thoughts on “Week 8 – Reflector

1. I really like how you stated that he had changed a lot throughout the story and that he had become a true critical thinker. I also liked how you interpret the mood – gloomy from the chapters. I agree that he is trying to create a change by exiting the Community to show the people what true feelings and memories are.

2. i really think you did great in explaining practically everything in these 3 chapters , And i really loved that you didn’t just focus on 1 point of view you saw the communities point of view and asked how the were reacting to receiving the memories, You were also taking Jonas’s point of view and talked about what he was feeling and what he thought