Week 7 Reflector of Group 2

After reading chapters 17-19, I would predict that in the near future, he will break some of the given rules because he had found the horrible truth behind the releasing ceremony. By breaking rules, I think he would do something like suicide in the river?

While I’m reading, I could sense a mood of intensity, the curiosity of Jonas and the terrified feeling that Jonas had from discovering the truth of releasing.

I has immediately thought about when I learn the truth about that ghost did not exist. I was pretty scared of the dark back then, I don’t know what part of the dark I was scared of but I was scared.

Jonas is now a critical thinker. I think he is a lot more mature than he used to be. He thinks about things and he now makes his own decision. I think that overall, Jonas has grown to be more independent.

I think the big idea of this section is the last Receiver failed and it is repeated that this could not happen again. And the Receiver who failed was also somebody important to the Giver

The text once again describes the whole world using large words making me get drawn to the world itself. I can imagine what Jonas’s pain feel like, I can identify what memory he received. So sum it up, The text is very descriptive.

MY conclusion is that this world is the same everyday. And there is a very large change in the near future, something that could change the whole world involving breaking rules and going beyond.

2 thoughts on “Week 7 Reflector of Group 2

1. Mike, you have written such a great reflection upon the few chapters. I could also sense the intensity throughout the text as I read. I really liked how you think that Jonas is now growing to become more independent. You have a really great conclusion, I could relate to your conclusion too. Nice work. :))