Week 8 – Discussion Director

1. In your opinion, how did the people recovered when Rosemary left and the memories came back to the people.

2. How did you feel when you realize that Rosemary is the Giver’s daughter?

3. What is more likely to happen if the Giver and Jonas’ plan is a failure?

4. How do you think about Jonas when he saved Gabriel when the bike fell and Jonas got injured?

5. In your opinion, how would Jonas’ parents feel when they realize Jonas is gone and he took Gabriel with him?

7 thoughts on “Week 8 – Discussion Director

1. 1. The memories made the people panicked but after a while it faded because they kept on taking the pills.
    2. I felt bad for The Giver because he lost his own daughter because he gave her bad memories and she couldn’t handle it.
    3. Jonas will probably be released and the Giver will have to give his memories to someone else.
    4. It tells me that Jonas cares for Gabriel a lot. I think this because Gabriel is a baby so he is not affected by the Community. He wants Gabriel to not be brainwashed.
    5. They would panic and report this to the Community. They wouldn’t cry though because they still can’t fell love.

2. 1. The people wouldn’t be able to deal with such a brand new aspect. They would be overwhelmed with feelings, emotions and knowledge that they’ve never known before.

2. I was really surprised and almost glad that the story had such a surprise plot twist.

3. I don’t think their plan would fail, but if it did, I think both he and The Giver would be severely punished. But their punishment would be hidden from the rest of the community.

4. To me, I think that he didn’t regret taking up the pain and enduring it for Gabriel.

5. I think they would feel like they’re worried, but not because their child is missing, but because it is disrupting the balanced sameness, and is breaking the community’s laws. I think they wouldn’t be truly worried because they lack of emotions and love.

3. 1. Maybe they panic a lot. But I wouldn’t worry much, since because Rosemary only had a little time of experiencing and receiving the memories, and as the giver has said before, he gave her mostly beautiful memories because he liked the laugh on her face.
    2. I was a little confused on how that happened? So did he born her? Or did he adopted her. Either way, I saw how much the giver loved Rosemary, like how much he loved Jonas. And for a community like that? Getting loved and being in love is a very rare thing.
    3. Jonas would ended up getting killed with Gabe the baby, and also I guess The Giver would be released or killed. But I wonder if he was killed, where would all of the memories goes. Or I guess they would have to find Giver a new child to give memory to.
    4. Jonas didn’t care about him, he cared about the baby. Since the baby was like a change. He would never let that change go away, he would never give up on that spark of hope.
    5. His dad would be worried. I guess a guy like Jonas’ dad is a great guy. Jonas just got it all wrong, maybe he was a little rush to conclude that his Jonas’ really get on my nerves. Maybe she would stand with the community and turn Jonas down even if we know what happened back home when Jonas was away.

4. 1) They take the pills to lose their feelings.
    2) I was amazed and i thought that it wouldn’t happen. Mind blown.
    3) I think that they may get killed by the way.
    4) He care for Gabriel because Gabriel is one of a kind and he don’t regret the pain for Gabriel,too.
    5) They’re worry of where is he and where is he going to and so as Gabriel.

5. 1/i think a lot of people in the community would be scared and be in conflict with the chief elders, i don’t think the people of the community would be able to stand the pain but also the happiness

2/it was kind of surprising that the giver was Rosemary’s father, and it also makes me think a lot about how the giver feels about making his daughter abandon the community .

3/i think if their plan didn’t work Jonas would be released and the giver would have to pass his memories to someone else immediately and even after that he would still be punished.

4/ i think Jonas cares for Gabriel a lot so he would be okay with enduring the pain for the survival of Gabriel .

5/i think they would probably report that they went messing because they had to, but if they dint the first thing i think they felt is abandon and they would also very sad ,that maybe they messed up in raising Jonas.